How is a Stator Repaired
A thorough stator repair process should include all of these steps:
- Test the defective stator upon reception.
- Re-insulate the stator core with heat resistant epoxy.
- Rewind the faulty coils with heat resistant wire while paying attention to any known problems.
- Secure the wiring by soldering it.
- Varnish the stator to ensure there is no possible short circuit.
- Heat the varnish to strengthen it.
- Test the repaired stator.
- If the stator is repaired, return it to the client.
If a stator repair technician leaves out any of these steps, you may want to reconsider getting your stator repaired by that company. Continue your search; there are many quality stator repair companies that have a thorough stator repair processes like this one.